Wednesday, November 17, 2010

YAY, Steroids!

I think that every one of my dogs, including fosters, have been on steroids at some point for one reason or another.  I have never seen one respond to them like Callie is.  No wonder athletes take these things! (not that I support it, of course) Besides clearly being stronger and more coordinated, she has become a ball of energy!  She does these crazy bouncy circles when we come home, when it's time to go outside, and especially when it's meal time.  Steroids typically increase the appetite, and this has been the case with her.  I have taken advantage of that and increased her food even more.  It may be my imagination, but I think she may have even gained a little weight.  Either way, I love seeing her like this!  It's the best she has ever looked.  She is not yet to the maintenance dose that we are aiming for, but if one medication, that costs only cents a pill, can keep this girl going strong, what a success it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment