Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Welcome Bella!

Bella is coming to us from the Forrest City, AR animal shelter.  She, along with two companions, was picked up by animal control for running loose.  They were told that the dogs "lived" at an auto repair/salvage shop.  Animal control questioned the staff as to why the dogs were so underweight and they were told that they only feed them hot dogs and whatever else they can find.  They told animal control to take the dogs to the "pound."  

She is a boxer mix, about 8 months old.  The pictures don't give me the best idea of what she may be mixed with.  I'm looking forward to the guessing game when I see her in person.  I am told she is very sweet, but also very shy.  She unfortunately tested (light) heart worm positive, which is unusual at her young age.  She must have been infected when she was a tiny baby, as it takes 6 months for heart worm to show up on a standard test.   I will be getting her from one of the shelter volunteers who will meet me at a truck stop tomorrow morning. 

We are so happy that we decided to pull Bella from the shelter.  Nobody had shown any sort of interest in the poor girl and her time there was running out.  Mere hours after posting her on our website of adoptable dogs, she already received an inquiry.  We'll have to get to know her a bit before deciding what type of home she will fit best into.  Having basically lived the life of a stray, there is no telling what issues she will come with.   I'm glad that she is already attracting people with her good looks.  Hooray!

Pictures and details to come!

1 comment:

  1. Why are people so stupid?
    Maybe Bella will be lucky, like Laila, and her heartworm will be cured with pills. I will hope that for her! I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete