Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy Mutt's Day!

Today is Mutt's day.  Some of the best dog's I have ever had the pleasure of knowing are mutts.   Although some people (not my kind of people, mind you) will argue that the mutt is a "lesser" animal than a purebred dog, one who has loved a mutt will certainly disagree!  Each unique and special, their diversity makes them invaluable.  You may never see one prancing proudly around the show ring, but a mutt is every bit as loyal and loving as the most expensive pedigree.  So, all mutts, and those who love you....Today is your day.  Cheers!


Some of my favorite mutts....


 ASIA.  (2002-210)  My most treasured canine friend.  She is at the rainbow bridge.



DIXIE.  Our chipmunk chasing, treadmill running, spit fire.  She keeps us on our toes.



MISSY.  (1993-2010)  The best friend of my best (human) friend Bonni.  She was also Asia's very first doggy friend.  She is at the rainbow bridge.



COOPER.   My mom's baby.  He was a Christmas gift from Jonathon and I eight years ago.


 JERSEY.   Emily and Pat's first dog together.  Isn't he a handsome boy?

                                                     HAPPY MUTT'S DAY!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I know you haven't met her yet but I think that Daisy will soon be one of your favorite mutt's also! They have given her "breed" a name but in reality she is just a mutt! A mutt that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't funny how mutts have grown so much in popularity, they're getting new breed names? I don't know how I feel about that...

    GREAT pic of Dixie! All the featured pooches are wonderful, but that is the cutest Dixie pic ever :-).

    Yay mutts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only was today Mutt's Day, it was also National Dance Day. Cities all over the country organized events where people got together and danced! Me, I danced with my beloved "mutt"...Neither of us is particularly graceful,
    but we have fun. Eat, Love, Dance. That's how we do.

    Thanks for the great pictures....and, yes.... Yea, Mutts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all really great pictures of really, really, really great mutts!

    We invented a breed name for Missy - Shlab (Sharpei x Lab). Her sister Annie just so happened to also belong to that breed (Shepherd x Lab).

    ReplyDelete