Saturday, July 24, 2010

Introducing...Sweet Emily

Well, if you have talked to me lately, you know that I have been miserable with stress.  The robbery was just the last straw for me.  I feel like I have been a complete crazy person in the recent weeks.  So, fine time to add one more thing, right?  Probably not, but I just couldn't say no to fostering Sweet Emily.  The rescue recently reached out for someone to please take her in, and after I saw her picture, I just couldn't stop thinking about her.  My stress, I decided, is nothing compared to what she has been through. She is currently in a shelter near Memphis, where she has been since late June, when she was seized in an animal cruelty case.  I know very little about her, other than she is in desperate need of rescue.  Oh, and that she is a very "sweet" girl.  As you can see by this awful picture (which, as a warning, is quite disturbing) she was in dyer condition when she was taken from the owner.  I am told that she was infested with fleas, full of sores from laying on the hard cement, and so weak from malnourishment that she could barely stand.  She is doing a little better, according to the shelter (the second picture is her now, almost a month after the first pic) but she is sick, and they can't give her all of the help she needs.  Transfer arrangements are being made with them.  We will pick her up within the next week or two.  






Look into those sad eyes, and you'll know why I just couldn't get her out of my head.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my God! You are exactly what she needs. People who are mean to animals should be put away forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what y'all (just joking...I'm not southern)are probably thinking, so let me assure you we are committed to being successful FOSTER parents. The three dog house is only temporary (at least until the next dog in need comes along.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe anyone would/could let their dog (or any dog - any THING, really) get into such bad shape. Probably all that happened to those people is that they got their dog taken away. They should be sitting in jail! But you are definitely exactly what she needs and she will occupy a lot of your time & efforts which will help you too! :) Yay!!!!

    Also - she looks super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. That first picture immediately made me cry. Who DOES that?! Of course your family is what she needs. The four of you will bring her to health and let her know what love feels like. Bless you, yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am calling her Sweetems. Say it. Doesn't it roll nicely off the tongue? Come 'ere, Sweetems! :-)

    She does look way better in the second picture, thank God. If you got her in the condition of the first picture, I'd be afraid to break her, poor thing. That face is to die for, by the way. I'll try and believe Jonathon, but she is VERY cute. And rumor has it, also sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first picture is a heartbreaker! You can't look at it without tears. I would love to be the person resonsible for feeding Sweet Emily's former owner. That would be a VERY CHEAP grocery bill!!!

    Emily will know right away that she has found "Heaven on Earth", the kind of home she deserves, when she gets to your place.

    p.s. (Jonathon, do you remember a certain someone convincing his parents that 3 dogs weren't too many for one house???)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, Pam. The former owners of Emily should be so lucky as to have kibble. I don't fathom how anyone can watch an animal starve. Thank God for our children who are saving these helpless animals one by one. I'm so proud and I know you are too...Our kids are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness , that is awful to see. You guys have such big hearts opening your home to these animals in need, I love you for it:) How awesome for Emily to come into such a loving home.

    ReplyDelete