Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Moving on.

Great news!!!  After five long months with us, Calista has found her forever home!  I am both overjoyed and broken hearted at the same time.   She will definitely take a piece of my heart with her when she goes.  She has fought so hard to become the dog that she is today and I couldn't be happier to have been a part of her battle to survive. 

She will be moving to her new home on Sunday.   Her new family has an acreage about an hour from Little Rock, where she will have plenty of room to run and play with her new doggy siblings.  Denise, her future "mom," told me that she did great with her two little dogs.  I wasn't surprised, as Callie doesn't seem to have a mean bone in her body.  I'm sure she will adjust quickly and be very happy there for the rest of her life. 

Until then, I will treasure her last days with us.  I know that it will be very hard to say goodbye, but she is ready to move on.  I will never forget her.

2 comments:

  1. I know you told me over the phone, but it's so nice to read it here as well. I am SO happy for Callie, and I continue to be in awe of your ability to love these dogs and let them go. I'm sad she's leaving, and I've never even pet her! You amaze me, sis :-)

    (And reading this, even though it is happy news, made me cry AGAIN. I have cried several times today, all at sentimental things like TV commercials and blogs and the 50-degree weather. It's FAR too easy to cry these days...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Callie!! I can't believe it. You are a miracle worker, Les. You took this little girl from death's door to a happy and fun-filled home. I know you will miss her and I am certain that she will miss your whole family!

    ReplyDelete