Thursday, February 24, 2011

My new role.

I have some exciting news!  Starting in March, I will play a bigger role at the rescue that I foster for.  I have been asked to be an adoption coordinator!! (the main coordinator of  like15 years parted ways, suddenly, with the group, leaving a huge void to fill)  Now instead of helping only my current foster dog, I'll will be able to constantly be helping find forever homes for the dogs in all of the foster homes!  It comes with major commitment, and plenty of stress, I'm sure, as a lot goes into finding homes for these guys.  When these dogs come to us (as my past fosters have clearly shown), they have usually had hard lives.  It is our goal to make sure that they never have to suffer again.

It will entail screening adoption applications, calling veterinary and personal references, setting up home inspection visits, and arranging meet and greets between foster families and potential adopters.  Most importantly though, it will be matching the right people with the right dogs.  There is a dog for everyone, but not every dog is for just anyone...make sense?  Some of our dogs are dog-aggressive, or can jump fences or are too rough for little kids, or absolutely adore kids!  Does the family need an active young dog or a more laid back, mature dog?  It's all about finding the right "fit."

I think this is the right "fit" for me:-) 

6 comments:

  1. You will rock this. What a great way to reach so many dogs! Was it Fran that left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is so cool! Clearly, they're impressed with your mad placement skills. You will indeed rock this. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such great news. This is what you were born to. Think of how many sweet dogs you have and will save. What about Callie? Has she left you yet?
    I read the warning about the "old dogs" poem, but I wasn't really prepared for that!. Bawling like crazy as I read it. I think what of Coop and I if we didn't have each other. We depend on one another. We had a good warm-up around here and resumed our walks, but, unfortunately it's now deadly cold again. It's 6 degrees right now. Too cold for me. Coop doesn't get it. He's like, hooray, we're walkin' again and I have to let him down. Not tonight, buddy, but soon. Spring is going to be so great this year because it seems like its been winter forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect person you are for this job!! I am so proud of you. (and happy for the dogs in Arkansas who so badly need your help.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a great fit for you!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously behind on blogs, I am so happy for you Les, what an awesome and pefect job for you:)

    ReplyDelete