Friday, April 2, 2010

One Week

Well, Ajax has been with us for one whole week now. What a different dog! It amazes me how quickly he has turned around. Dogs just have this incredible ability to forgive. He has become a huge snuggler. He loves to curl up on the couch and even on our laps. (Yes, we are spoiling him, but he deserves it after what he has been through in his short life.) When he isn't being a couch potato, he is busy playing with Dixie. He follows her everywhere! They wrestle and chase and tug. She hasn't been this happy since we lost Asia. He is eating a ton, and although he has a very long way to go, his physical condition is starting to improve too.

When I first found out that Ajax was deaf, I felt so sad for him. After spending a week with him, I have realized that I shouldn't be. He isn't sad about it at all. He has never experience sound, therefore, he doesn't know what he is missing. He still has tons of puppy love to give. He still wiggles his tail and comes running in excitement when we catch his attention. We just have to wave our arms instead of calling to him. He's the same...but different. I'm happy to be part of his silent world.

5 comments:

  1. "We" really are not spoiling him. That comment should have said "I".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! It is amazing that he's able to forgive after what he's been through. You'd think he'd want nothing to do with humans. I'm glad he's adapting to a normal life without any issues. :) He must be so happy there!

    And I don't believe for one second that Les is the only doing the spoiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess the 2009 Turkey Flop Champion couldn't pull off that bluff. Good call, Bons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for Ajax! And for you two. And for Dixie. Just happy for everyone :-).

    And, I'm with Bons....I've no doubt Jonathon spoils, too :-)

    ReplyDelete