Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Not So Wordless Wednesday!

On this particular Wednesday, I just have too much to share to go "wordless."

My sister, brother in law, and 8 and a half month old niece (Emily, Patrick, and Olivia) came to stay with us for a week.  Although super excited about them coming, I was also very nervous about how the dogs would do around Olivia.  None of them had ever been around a baby, to my knowledge.  I had conjured up all these possible scenarios in my head, trying to come up with potential solutions to the potential problems.  Knowing my dogs like I do, it never even crossed my mind that they wouldn't "like" the baby, or that they would be in any way malicious toward her.  I was more concerned about the energy level in the house.  I thought they would be too rambunctious, too loud, and too careless.  I was also concerned that Rheagan could be very nervous around her. 

My worries were put at ease very shortly after their arrival.  The dogs were all wonderful with Olivia from the start.  They were enamored, especially Dixie, who rarely left her side.  Olivia is an animal lover just like the rest of us, so she really enjoyed all of the doggy attention that she received, slobbery kisses included!


Since Dixie hates the pool so much, she was very concerned while Livi was in the water.

Kiss from Rheagan!

Giddy up Jaxy!



On Friday morning, we all piled in the car (4 adults, a baby, and 3 dogs!) and headed up to Petit Jean Mountain State Park for a hike.  It was a beautiful day.  This was both Olivia and Rheagan's first hike and they handled it like troopers!  At one of our longer breaks, Rheagan literally fell asleep standing up! We were in no hurry, taking our time to stop several times for water, snacks, and geocaching (nerdy, yes, but surprisingly entertaining!).    A good time was definitely had by all!

Pre-hike.  Anxiously awaiting.



Hanging out in the Grotto (big cave type thing)


Pat enjoying the view.


Our house guests have gone home to Minnesota.  The house is feeling empty and the dogs are a little down.  They sure love having visitors.  We all do.  Thanks again for coming guys!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pic of Livi riding Jax! So cute. We had SO much fun. Thank YOU again for having us. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete