Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Off to Virginia!

Great news!!!   Rheagan has found her forever home! 

We will miss her so much.  She has come out of her shell so quickly and is a really fun dog.   Her issues were easy to work out.  She is totally comfortable with the crate training, and hasn't had an "accident" in over a week now.  She certainly isn't fearful of people anymore, quite the opposite actually.  Leaving the house is no longer a battle.  She now runs toward the leash instead of running away from it, and hops eagerly into the car.  If only they were all as easy to rehabilitate as Rheagan was.

She will be moving out to Virginia.  Her future "mom" and I have been emailing regularly since Rheagan first peaked her interest.   Over the past week, she has purchased a crate, a bed, blankets, food, and a collection of treats and toys.  She has apologized to me for "asking so many questions" and for being "too excited."  I explained to her that nothing means more to me, as a foster mom, than to know that my dogs are going to be well taken care of.  She has followed all of my suggestions and I know she truly wants the best for Rheagan.  She has a bright future waiting for her across the country!

There is a transport going out east this Saturday.  Hopefully they will have an open spot for us.  If not, she will get on the one next weekend. 

1 comment: