Thursday, March 15, 2012

Good Bye, My Friend.

Xavier left on transport this morning.  Plenty of tears, but no regrets. 

They are beyond ready for him to join their family and I will anxiously await the news that he has arrived, safe and sound, in his new life. 

I always feel a little guilty leaving the house with one of my fosters for the last time.  Dixie and Jax have no idea that their friend will not return with me this afternoon.  Our house will be sad for a while, as usual, but we will move on.  Somebody else will need us soon. 

Good bye, boy.  You and I will walk separate paths through our lives from now on, but you will always be a part of my pack and have a place in my heart. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your dogs think of themselves as foster "parents" and I bet they know that there's another dog on the way.

    ReplyDelete