Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Glimpse of Hope...

Last night was the first night since she came home from the hospital that Bindi didn't seem to struggle.  She slept pretty peacefully throughout.  Of course, I woke several times and totally panicked upon not hearing her wheezing, as I have grown so accustomed to the sound.  My mind instantly went to "Oh, god, she died in her sleep!"  I would stare at her until I saw her chest rise and then the relief swept through me.  This happened repeatedly.  Because of the steroids, we still had to get up and go out to potty a few times, but I can actually see normal nights in my future again.  Bindi is not out of the danger zone yet, especially given her circumstances, but every good day is a small relief. 

I have spoken, via email,  to her adoptive "mom" and she is aware of the difficulties we have encountered during the treatment.  She is worried, naturally, but couldn't be more excited and hopeful that Bindi will pull through.  She is such a sweet person and thanked me over and over for getting Bindi through this ordeal.  They were hoping to take her home (to Memphis, TN) at the end of the first week in August.  Unless we see a lot of progress between now and then, we may push that date back a bit, just to be safe. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear God, I don't know how you do it! My heart breaks just reading about Bindi's ordeal. Thank goodness she has you. I know you are exhausting yourself for her, but that's who you've always been. Can't help yourself, bless you. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete